WHY WE RENAMED THE COMPUTER
When we worked in the webs/netwroks (Local Area Network/wireless network), each computer needs different name. In order to make address (IP address) that useful in data sharing, internet access sharing and printer sharing.
Actually the best giving your computer name is in the first time you install the operating system (windows).
But with numbers and variation of computer (brand), usually the name of them were variative too.
If we work in stand alone computer/notebook it will no problem, but when we work in the ceratin web/network the name of computer will be very important, because with the identical name in the one group of network will make some problems, e.g : wrong address, IP conflict, and with identical printer caused wrong address in printing works.
HOW TO RENAME YOUR COMPUTER
1. Click START
2. Point to COMPUTER
3. Right CLikc Your mouse on it
4. You will see PROPERTIES and double click on it
5. the box will appear, see the CHANGE SETTINGS
6. You will see other box, System Properties box
7. In the system properties box you can see computer description and CHANGE box
and double click CHANGE
8. After CHANGE box is clicked will appear User Account Control and click YES....
9. Computer Name/Domain Changes Box will appear, YOU CAN GIVE A NEW NAME of your computer, after that click OK.
10. You must restart your computer to apply this change.... click OK
and your computer will restart.
HOW TO RECHECK THE NEW NAME OF OUR COMPUTER
The step is the same with rename your computer untill step 6 above, you will see your new