According to Wikipedia
Definition of backlinks is also known as incoming links, inbound links, inlinks, and inward links, are incoming links to a website or web page. In basic link terminology, a backlink is any link received by a web node (web page, directory, website, or top level domain) from another web node. So the more backlinks in our website/blog the better in incrasing blog's traffic or visitors that open/visit our website.
Backlins consist of :
1. Incoming Links is links that coming to our website, or visitor's links.
2. Inbound links
Inbound links were originally important (prior to the emergence of search engines) as a primary means of web navigation.
3. Inlinks and
4. Inward links
How To Get Backlinks?
1. Blog walking, we visit other blog/website to give comment and invite them to visit and give comment to our blogs. Usually we give them our Link's blog.
2. Two-way link exchange: This link submission is nothing but exchanging of links, means Reciprocal links. A link will be added to your domain pages and your domain link added to their domain pages.
3. One-way submission: This link submission is nothing but adding links to directories and search engines, no need of reciprocal links.
4. Buy backlinks, there are many of backlinks provider, you can googling it, and they will give you backlinks.
5. Join the forum, you may be get link-exchange to the other webmaster.
6. Sign-up to free sumbmission website, it is not giving significant backlinks to us, but not bad idea to join in them.
Backlinks is the backbone of your website - in incrasing PageRank - and to be the top search in SEO - search engine optimization, such as in GOOGLE, YAHOO or MSN. Good luck.
BONUS TO DOWNLOAD
1. CCR's song Have You Ever Seen The Rain. Click Here To Free Download.